We are getting busier and busier – they don’t call it ‘the rat race’ for nothing. It can be hard to have a work/life balance, and many families can make it work and still find time to spend time with the ones closest to you. How ever many minutes you can spare, be assured that it’s worth it! Focus on turning those minutes into memorable moments, instead of worrying about how many minutes you can spend with your children each day. Parents often compensate for having such a small quantity of time by scheduling “quality time.” Here are some ideas to get you going.
1) Play like your favourite sports star and contest the kids in a little friendly competition. Basketball, soccer or rugby with your kids is good for the heart in more ways than one!
2) Who remembers the hours on the trampoline, perfecting your flips or the frowned-upon double-bouncing? Trampolines provide you and your children with endless fun, all while offering exercise and valuable outdoor time with very little maintenance.
3) Making bread with loved ones is memorable and delicious! Bake from scratch or with an easy all-in-one breadmaker. Spend time while teaching those life skills that will serve them well when they’re older.
4) It’s a hot day but the beach is not convenient? Splash around without the sand and get a classic plastic or inflatable pool for your backyard. Problem solved.
5) Do you love to entertain and have a BBQ with family? Make the most of your outdoor area with a BBQ and sit outside right until late evening, making the most of the balmy weather.
So slow down and make some time to spend with your kids. Create some fun memories that you won’t forget!